What you need:
- One small round cardboard box, with a lid
- White felt
- brown felt
- glue dots
- cotton balls
- Measure the box (not the lid) for circumference. Next measure how tall the box is. Mark and cut out a piece of white felt that big. Place the bottom of the box onto the white felt, and, using a pencil, trace around it. Cut this out.
- Using glue dots, glue on the circle to the bottom of the box. Do the same with the rectangle.
- Take the lid of the box, and follow steps one and two, but when measuring the side, make it a bit longer than needed. Use the brown felt for the top of the lid.
- Measure the total height of the box, and cut out a white piece of felt that long and 1/2 inch long. Use a glue dot to fasten one end to the bottom of the box, about one inch from the bottom. Use another glue dot to fasten it to the lid.
- Using glue dots, fasten 3 or 4 cotton balls to the brown felt. Let everything dry before use.
Not a hot cocoa fan? Instead of brown felt, use the color of your favorite hot drink. You can also use any other color of felt instead of white.