You are probably thinking, 'Oh, another cooking recipe... sigh.' Oh, but don't sigh yet. This isn't a normal recipe. This is a dream recipe. Literally. Last night, I dreamed up this recipe while I was asleep. Funny, even my subconscious likes baking.
These are apple, cinnamon, pecan (or walnut), oat cookies. If you think they are healthy, it's an understatement. For cookies. If you think these won't taste good... immediately revise your idea of healthy. These are fantastic!
By now, you are most likely wanting the recipe, so here it is.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- large shake of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 small apple, peeled and diced (or 1/2 cup apple sauce)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar mixed in with the apples
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts (or pecans, whichever you have. Or both...)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour (you can use white flour, but it doesn't get as rich a flavor)
Cream the brown sugar and butter together. Mix in egg, then stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the apple, then the walnuts and oats. Finally, mix in the flour, and put in large globs (don't you love the word glob?
) on a baking sheet in a 175 degree preheated oven for 17-20 minutes. Once cool, eat and enjoy!
Question of the Week:
What is your favorite type of cookie?
Have you ever had a really strange, cool dream?